If you have a website or a blog, you obviously want more organic traffic.
More organic traffic = More potential leads = More business
And in many cases, it’s not that hard to increase your website traffic.
Once you identify the opportunities, you can implement and increase the traffic.
Let’s take a look at this client’s goals and the tactics we implemented.
- Increase organic website traffic
- Ads budget = $0
- Don’t increase the posting frequency. It was 2x per month.
Since this client was already producing blog content (2x per month) we focused on on-page SEO and optimization tactics.
Here is what we did to increase the website traffic by more than 165%
- Identify a list of 15 relevant keywords
- Focused on one keyword in one blog article
- Simplified (shortened) the blog URL structure
- Identified the most popular articles in last 6 months (Thank You Google Analytics) and wrote more on these topics. This made a huge difference. If you haven’t looked at your Google analytics, do it right now. Try to identify the topics that already resonate with your audience.
- Internal linking – Linked each new blog article to at least one older article on the website site
- Re-purposed blog content on LinkedIn pulse with a call to action at the bottom
An increase in organic website traffic by more than 165% in less than 30 days
No complicated hacks or tactics.
My personal key takeaway was: Don’t just jump into the implementation phase, spend time trying to understand the existing client workflow. Sometimes you can identify simple things that make a huge difference.