Social media has increasingly become a major player in driving your audience to your brands or cause. Based on a recent study by Social Media Examiner more than Eighty-three percent of marketers have integrated social media into their marketing activities. So, how does the average organization or brand make the most effective use of this very important channel that your audience is tuned into?
Here are 10 golden rules that anyone can implement to maximize the effectiveness of their social media campaigns.
- Post regularly –The more your audience hears from you, the more mindshare and trust you’ll be able to build and hold onto.
- Deliver relevant content –Ensure that what your audience hears (and sees) is interesting and fits seamlessly with your brand identity.
- Post unique content –Try not to curate too much of your social media content, as most likely your target audience has seen it before. If you want to stand out, your content needs to be unique to your brand. Don’t be afraid to repurpose your content with a new spin or in smaller chunks.
- Share and retweet –Great way to widen your audience and show that you are the thought leader in your market.
- Don’t discount the “smaller” social networks –Test out everything, which includes Instagram, Periscope, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, etc. You might be surprised to uncover a new and difference audience that wants to hear from you!
- Be a helper –Respond on social networks when you have legitimate answers to questions. Be sure to be genuine about wanting to help.
- Mix it up with content formats –Make sure that your social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.) are well branded, and don’t be afraid to use different formats
- Learn from your mistakes –Analyze past posts to determine what works consistently and what doesn’t. Refrain from posting content that fails to get significant engagement.
- Automate whatever you can –Always maintain a fresh flow of content. Don’t be afraid to use social media automation tools (Buzzlogix, Buffer, Socialbro, etc.) to schedule your posts and organize your channels and feedback.
- Encourage employee & customer engagement on your channels – The people who work for you and your valued customers are among your best ambassadors. Enlist their help in sharing your content on their personal channels.
By following these rules you will create an organic audience on social media that grows and helps spread your story well beyond the reach of traditional marketing outlets and techniques.
This is a guest post by Scott Sims, Co-founder and CEO at Buzzlogix. Scott is responsible for leading Buzzlogix’s worldwide operations, and for steering the overall direction and strategy of the company. He is on the board of Social Media Dallas and enjoys talking about social media strategies and tips. He regularly posts on industry leading social media blogs and the Buzzlogix blog.