A Lead Magnet is an irresistible bribe offering a specific chunk of value to a prospect in exchange for their contact information (most likely an email address).The goal of a lead magnet is to maximize the number of targeted leads you are getting for an offer. IMHO a good lead magnet is these two things…
- Relevant to your business
- Something your fans care about
Here are some questions that will help you pick a killer lead magnet for your lead generation campaign.
1 – What is your best seller?
If you carry physical products, just ask your sales team and don’t hesitate to give away your best stuff.
2 – What questions do you get asked the most?
Turn these questions around into a lead magnet. e.g. If you are a marketing consultant and people ask you about Facebook ads all the time, then create a guide and give it away for free.
4 – Is your lead magnet a part of your sales funnel?
Always make sure that your lead magnet is a part of the sales funnel. Don’t just give away iPhones and iPads all the time. Some marketers offer a high value lead magnet that builds a lot of trust in the person who downloads it. Then, after they’ve impressed their prospect with how much they can help them, they offer an upsell.
3 – Just ASK them
It’s simple and my favorite method. Why not just ask your fans? I do this for almost all of my clients. Look at this example below.
Bonus – This can create a lot of excitement before you launch your lead generation campaign. Look at these comments below.
Here are some more ideas for your next lead magnet.
- Discounts, free coupons or even a free product is always a compelling idea.
- If you are an author, how about a FREE chapter of your book.
- A video course that can be accessed all at once.
- A checklist or cheat sheet for how to do something that seems complicated.
- A gift card to your store (good idea if you have a physical location)
- Give Free access to a membership site, or to a private Facebook group
- Offer an extended free trial of your product.
Now over to you. How do you pick a lead magnet for your lead generation campaigns?